The American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) has revealed its list of recipients for its annual Design Excellence Recognition Program.
Projects at nine US courses have been cited for their work with members of the ASGCA.
The Design Excellence Recognition Program was first created in 2012, with each annual list since then highlighting the innovation and problem-solving skills necessary for today’s golf course design.
A panel of experts, including representatives from the Club Managers Association of America, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, Golf Course Builders Association of America and National Golf Course Owners Association, reviewed the selected projects.
The recognised courses are:
- Atlantic Beach Country Club, Atlantic Beach, Florida - Erik Larsen, ASGCA
- Birnam Wood Golf Club, Santa Barbara, California - Dr. Michael Hurdzan, ASGCA Fellow
- Glenview Park Golf Club, Glenview, Illinois - Rick Jacobson, ASGCA
- Griffith Park Golf Course, City of Los Angeles, California - Forrest Richardson, ASGCA
- Independence Golf Club, Midlothian, Virginia - Lester George, ASGCA
- The Lochmoor Club, Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan - Paul Albanese, ASGCA
- Oaks Country Club, Tulsa, Oklahoma - Bill Bergin, ASGCA
- The Preserve at Boulder Hills, Wyoming, Rhode Island - Robert McNeil, ASGCA
- Rockwind Community Links, Hobbs, New Mexico - Andy Staples, ASGCA
“I offer my heartiest congratulations to these tremendous golf facilities, as well as the golf course architects who provided their talent and expertise along the way,” said Steve Smyers, president of the ASGCA.“The Design Excellence Recognition Program continues to grow each year. And this year, the projects highlighted show the positive impact a well-designed facility continues to have for golfers and an entire community.”