Hills & Forrest International Golf Course Architects is leading a project at the Highland Meadows Golf Club in Sylvania, Ohio.
The ninth and tenth holes at the course are being reworked to make space for a new and enlarged practice range and short game area.
The tees on the tenth hole are being moved to a location to the west of their original site, and the green of the ninth hole is being moved southwards.
On the ninth hole, selected fairway bunkers are being removed, and the fairway itself is being shifted to the right. This will accentuate the hole’s dogleg and ensure it remains a par five. Two new bunkers are being added on the left of the fairway to reinforce this shift, and provide strategy from the tee. A new fairway bunker is being added to the slope on the right hand side of the fairway around the second landing area. A new back tee is also being added and a forward tee is being removed.
On the tenth hole, a completely new tee complex is being constructed at the new westerly location, with the fairway also being realigned in accordance with this. A fairway bunker on the tenth is also being reconstructed.
Golfers on both the ninth and tenth holes, as before, will need to negotiate the Tenmile Creek, which passes across the fairways of both holes.
The course at Highlands Meadow GC was originally designed by Sandy Alves and opened in 1925. The club is the annual host of the LPGA Marathon Classic.