Meadowbrook CC selects Kevin Hargrave for bunker renovation

  • Meadowbrook
    Courtesy of Meadowbrook CC
Richard Humphreys
By Richard Humphreys

Meadowbrook Country Club near St Louis, Missouri, has hired golf course architect Kevin Hargrave for a bunker renovation, plus minor work on other parts of the course.

Sanders Golf Construction will begin work on the front nine in September, with a second phase planned for autumn 2021.

“All bunkers will be renovated and have new sand installed,” said Hargrave. “Some will be repositioned and enlarged, bringing back their proper scale that has been reduced over the years. All green surrounds will be regraded, cleaned up, and properly tied in.

“Approximately 90 per cent of the tees will remain untouched with minor adjustments, enlargement or additions done to the other 10 per cent. Fairway line alterations will be made in addition to minor irrigation adjustments as needed. Select clearing of trees to thin out and open up vistas will also take place.”

There will also be some adjustments made to the fourth and eighth greens.

“Meadowbrook is a great club with an outstanding membership,” said Hargrave. “I have had the pleasure of working with them for many years. Being able to continue that relationship as well as the trust they continue to show in me to make improvements means a lot.”

Hargrave expects the project to be fully completed in December 2021.

Theme picker

READ
NEXT

Theme picker

MOST
POPULAR

Theme picker

FEATURED
BUSINESSES

Theme picker