A special edition of the American Society of Golf Course Architects’ By Design magazine is now available.
The new edition is devoted entirely to the fourth annual American Society of Golf Course Architects Design Excellence Recognition Program recipients.
As the programme continues to grow, the projects highlighted in this year’s list are indicative of the positive impact well-designed facilities can have for golfers and entire communities.
The nine clubs and architects that have been recognised are:
• Atlantic Beach Country Club, Atlantic Beach, Florida
– Erik Larsen, ASGCA
• Birnam Wood Country Club, Santa Barbara, California
– Dr. Michael Hurdzan, ASGCA Fellow
• Glenview Park Golf Club, Glenview, Illinois
– Rick Jacobson, ASGCA
• Griffith Park Golf Courses, Los Angeles, California
– Forrest Richardson, ASGCA
• Independence Golf Club, Midlothian, Virginia
– Lester George, ASGCA
• Lochmoor Club, Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
– Paul Albanese, ASGCA
• Oaks Country Club, Tulsa, Oklahoma
– Bill Bergin, ASGCA
• Rockwind Community Links, Hobbs, New Mexico
– Andy Staples, ASGCA
• The Preserve at Boulder Hills, Wyoming, Rhode Island
– Robert McNeil, ASGCA
Click here to read the digital edition of By Design, and if you’d like to subscribe to the publication, visit the ASGCA’s By Design web page.